Ready to do the challenging but necessary work of building a more inclusive and equity-centered organization?
Organizational assessments provide data for action and provide a roadmap for informed dialogue, goal-setting and transformational change to take place.
Benchmarking your current practices, culture, systems, and norms is a critical part of ensuring the accountability and transparency necessary to “walk the talk” on equity. The assessment process is like holding up a mirror, allowing organization’s to engage in critical self-reflection. Working in close partnership with internal equity working groups and task forces, our comprehensive equity assessment and planning process includes a staff-wide survey, focus groups with employees from all levels of the organization, senior staff interviews and discussions with stakeholders to gain a baseline understanding of strengths and opportunities for improvement and systemic change.
With knowledge gained through the assessment, we provide a comprehensive report with recommendations for addressing areas for improvement and future action. CURE also facilitates dialogues on the findings and provides opportunities for your equity working group, staff and other stakeholders to identify priorities and next steps so that future planning is truly inclusive and embraces open communication and equitable decision-making processes. CURE can remain engaged after the assessment, providing services that bridge organizations from the change initiation phase to integration of learnings and new processes that become a part of organizational practice and culture.
While CURE can lead implementation of action steps identified from the assessment, we believe that building capacity for organizational change is a key part of institutionalizing equity. Therefore, we advise and assist partners on creating the necessary structures (e.g., equity action teams) and processes needed to ensure equity efforts are sustained.
Our equity assessment and strategy services include:
- Validated and customized assessment tools
- Equity action plan development and implementation
- Staffing and facilitation of working group meetings
- Consultation on processes and policies including internal operations (e.g., recruitment, hiring, retention, and promotion strategies) and external strategies (e.g., community engagement and partnerships)
- Staffing and managing change processes including strategic rollout of communications to support internal and external equity initiatives
- Working group and staff training and coaching