CURE offers a variety of interactive trainings and workshops to build knowledge, skills and capacity to promote equity and inclusive processes in organizations and communities. Our trainings focus on institutionalizing equity within organizations and policy and system change strategies for addressing inequities within and across a wide spectrum of sectors and issue areas. During our trainings, we dive deep, focusing on best practices for operationalizing equity and shifting organizational culture, practices, programs and outcomes.
Facilitation and Training Approach
We believe that facilitation is about creating a space in which people can empower themselves. To that end, we use a variety of participatory and adult learning techniques including small and large group discussions, open-space technology, self-assessments, reflection, journaling and polling to sustain interest and maximize learning. All of our equity and inclusion trainings provide:
- A common language and definitions of key terms, concepts and their interrelationships
- Conceptual frameworks and case studies that teach, challenge and catalyze new thinking and action
- Tools and exercises for reflection and application of key concepts for personal and/or professional growth
CURE has extensive experience with curriculum design and can develop customized in-person and online learning opportunities to meet diverse training needs including half-day, multi-day and cohort training programs.
Sample Training Topics:
- Understanding Systemic Oppression
- Challenging White Dominant Culture
- Implicit Bias and Microaggressions
- Inclusive Leadership
- Walking the Talk: Institutionalizing Equity Within Your Organization
- Co-Powering Communities to Address Inequities
- Participatory Facilitation
- Community-based Participatory Research and Engagement