Demystify the Racial Equity Transformation Process
A step-by-step guidebook for building equity and justice-driven institutions and organizations
Charting the Journey: Strategies to Guide Racial Equity Organizational Change
Organizations are taking action and want deeply to be a part of the change, but recognize that change begins on the inside first. The work of building healthy, just, and liberatory organizations and communities takes intentional action and sustained commitment. It also requires disrupting norms, truth-telling, accountability, and a willingness to be open and share lessons learned along the way. If you’re wondering where to go from here — or what else your organization can do to build racial equity — this free guide is for you.
Download Charting the Journey: Strategies to Guide Racial Equity Organizational Change today and discover:
- The key elements of the racial equity change process, and why they are so important
- Specific recommendations for making meaningful progress that moves your organization closer to your goals
- A roadmap for implementing assessment, learning, and action planning activities that engage your entire organization in a transformative process
- Concrete recommendations for embedding racial equity across organizational operations including culture, programs and services, hiring and retention strategies, community partnerships and contracting and grantmaking
- Guidance for white leadership embarking on racial equity change processes
- PLUS: Detailed case studies that show you how other organizations have moved racial equity from concept into everyday practice
This guide is applicable to a wide range of changemakers, and features frameworks, tools, and advice that can help you lead racial equity and anti-racist efforts and face the challenges of this work.
About the Center for Urban and Racial Equity (CURE)
The Center for Urban and Racial Equity (CURE) has been guiding organizational leaders on how to mobilize resources and be accountable for racial equity since 2018.
Over the past few years, we’ve conducted over 150 trainings, meetings, and focus groups, 130+ stakeholder interviews and 16 comprehensive organizational assessment surveys—providing organizations with data for action and roadmaps for informed dialogue and action.
With this guide, we’re sharing our Racial Equity Organizational Change framework and processes with anyone seeking to dismantle institutional racism and put operationalize anti-racist practices across their culture, policies, programs, and services.
Our framework and methodology is a flexible, adaptable way for different sizes and types of institutions to approach racial equity organizational transformation — and now you can learn from the work we’ve been doing on the ground for the past five years.
This Guide is For You If:
- You and your organization are ready to deepen internal and external racial equity.
- You’re a Race, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Practitioner, or you’ve been tasked with operationalizing racial equity commitments in your organization.
- You’re a member of a Racial Equity Working Group or changemaker who needs frameworks and tools for leading anti-racist efforts in your institute or community.
Get the proven framework for meaningful racial equity transformation.
Enter your details here to download Charting the Journey: Strategies to Guide Racial Equity Organizational Change: