CURE offers a variety of interactive trainings and workshops to build knowledge, skills and capacity to challenge systemic racism and practice racial equity in organizational and community-based environments. Our trainings focus on institutionalizing racial equity within organizations and policy and system change strategies for addressing inequities within and across a wide spectrum of sectors and issue areas. During our trainings, we dive deep, focusing on best practices for operationalizing racial equity and shifting organizational culture, practices, programs and outcomes.
CURE’s training and workshop offerings are available as virtual or in-person* trainings and include:
- Understanding Institutional and Structural Racism
- Skills for Inclusive Leadership
- Anti-Racism in Human Resources
- Leading with Race (for Program/Strategy Design)
- Building Foundations for Health Equity and Racial Justice
- Self-Community Care for People of Color Working Against Racism
- Challenging White Dominant Culture
- Giving and Receiving Feedback – Skills for Working with Each Other
- Gender and Sexuality 101
- Participatory Decision-Making and Facilitation
Facilitation and Training Approach
We believe that facilitation is about creating a space in which people can empower themselves. To that end, we use a variety of participatory and adult learning techniques including small and large group discussions, open-space technology, self-assessments, reflection, journaling and polling to sustain interest and maximize learning. All of our equity and inclusion trainings provide:
- A common language and definitions of key terms, concepts and their interrelationships
- Conceptual frameworks and case studies that teach, challenge and catalyze new thinking and action
- Tools and exercises for reflection and application of key concepts for personal and/or professional growth
CURE has extensive experience with curriculum design and can develop customized in-person and online learning opportunities to meet diverse training needs including half-day, multi-day and cohort training programs.
*All trainings for the remainder of 2020 are being offered as virtual sessions.