Apply Now! Facilitating Racial Equity Organizational Change Learning Collaborative
Facilitating Racial Equity Organizational Change
Learning and Strategy Collaborative
February 1-April 12, 2021
The Center for Urban and Racial Equity (CURE) is pleased to announce a unique cohort training and peer learning experience designed to support organizations seeking to launch or deepen existing efforts to practice racial equity internally and in their communities. Health, community development and housing organizations in the South are encouraged to apply and will be prioritized for this opportunity.
Through an interactive learning lab for racial equity teams of 2-3 people from participating organizations, the program aims to build relationships and capacity to apply a racial equity lens, critically assess organizational culture, programs, services and practices, and identify strategies and actions that confront racism and support transformational change. The program will be facilitated by CURE’s racial equity practitioners with experience catalyzing organizational change in public health systems, nonprofit organizations, and city governments. Cohort participants leading racial equity work in their organizations will be supported through a structured curriculum, collaborative learning and planning activities, coaching and guidance on strategies and practices to advance equitable outcomes for Black and brown people and communities.
What are the intended outcomes for cohort participants and organizations?
Through the Facilitating Racial Equity Organizational Change cohort experience, participants will:
- Build shared language and analysis of institutional and structural racism and engage in critical reflection of how race and racism has shaped your organization’s culture, strategy and practices
- Apply a racial equity organizational change framework to help you plan and design your change process and align policies, practices, programs and services with a deeper commitment to racial equity and justice
- Learn and practice equity-rooted facilitation methods you can use to support others in interrogating ideas about race, racism, and organizational behavior
- Identify strategies and next steps for integrating trainings, assessment and action planning processes in your organization
- Develop relationships, collaborate and practice with peers, and receive coaching and guidance to address specific challenges facing your organization and racial equity team
Is this program right for me and my organization?
The program is designed for organizations that have established or are preparing to launch a racial equity working group and planning process. Cohort participants should have some experience tackling equity-related issues in their community and be positioned in their organizations to work collaboratively with colleagues to critically reflect, problem-solve and implement solutions that promote racial equity. There should be at least two participants per organization. Previous anti-racism or racial equity training is helpful, as some course concepts will be covered at a brisk pace.
How is the program structured and what is the time commitment?
Up to 5-6 organizations (2-3 people from each organization) will come together to learn, discuss, and workshop strategies to advance racial equity across key organizational areas including programs and services; community engagement and partnerships; policy advocacy; hiring, retention and advancement; and contracting and grantmaking. The program includes a combination of activities that incorporate:
- Trainings and workshops (all sessions held virtually)
- Building Foundations for Racial Equity – Monday, February 1| 1:00pm – 4:00pm CT
- Understanding Institutional and Structural Racism – Monday, February 8 | 9:00am – 5:00pm CT
- Racial Equity Organizational Change Process Design – Tuesday, March 16 | 2:00pm – 5:00pm CT
- Facilitation, Implementation and Next Steps – Monday, April 12 | 10:00am-12:00 pm CT; 1:00pm-3:00pm CT
- Small group learning sessions and assignments to work on with your team
- Self-reflection, pair learning and practice
- Coaching and technical assistance from CURE facilitators for individual organizations at pre-scheduled office hours and/or through emailing questions privately or to the cohort email list.
As a cohort member, participants must make a commitment to attending the full day-long training, three cohort workshops and completing individual and group assignments between cohort sessions. These activities total approximately 42 hours over the course of 2.5 months.
What is the application process?
Applications are now closed. To receive notification of future learning collaboratives, please join our email list.